The Busy Giffs: Two Identities

April 30, 2012

Two Identities


I feel like I am two people stuck in one body when I apply for jobs.

Person 1 is an education Masters student who has 3 certifications through the state of Massachusetts that range from Preschool, to middle school to high school with an additional elementary school one pending.
I've been working in schools as a teacher since I was a junior in high school doing a co-op for the preschool.  Then I was a lunch aide/recess helper, a 2nd grade classroom aide, and a substitute for 6 different school systems over 8 years. 

Person 2 is an amazing salesperson, supervisor, and all around customer service expert. First job was at Best Buy at 16 and worked in a form of retail/sales ever since, going to Build A Bear, Circuit City and then into restaurants working at Friendlys. Factor in work as a Resident Assistant and Orientation Leader and it shows that Person 2 is an amazingly personable sales person.

But for some reason, these two people don't look right together on a resume. 

Do schools care that I helped create and implement the training program we use in all of the corporate stores for every new hire?
Does a sales marketing job care that I have passed 6 different Massachusetts Teacher Educator Licensure tests?

Obviously my objective is different for both personalities
so how do I make those two personalities live harmoniously on the paper?
Does it seem like I don't have passion for either if my resume says Looking for A or B? I feel like it should only say one...

Do I really care which track I end up on?

No. Not at all.

Would I be happy if I spent the rest of my life teaching English to high schoolers? Yep.
Would I be happier than if I worked in an office, interacting with customers all day? I don't think so.

Why do I have to be one or the other?


Holiday Hot Toy: LuvaBella Doll

The LuvaBella Doll was provided in exchange for this review, however, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains af...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...